Saturday

You'll never win ANYTHING! Look what's next...

A while ago I got a letter from the Sheriff saying he "created" a position for me; where I can go back to work. This most likely will happen to you! This happends when the Insurance company tries to dismiss and discredit the employee. Yes, they've tried to do this to me in the past even with the definite diagnosis (about 2 years ago) What they don't understand is "I wish I could work!"
 Just about a month before my "second" surgery... I sent them back a "certified" letter from my Doctor, just as their letter was "dated and Certified" here in Stillwater, N.Y.. I had to have my doctor write them a letter stating why I couldn't work any longer... (Be prepared!) Based on the IME doctors report that I'm to respond in (7) seven days (business days I hope - because of Veterans day).Well the next step is to go to my PCP again and "fight the fight of my life!" - they threaten to take away my 207-c benefits, my job - everything because I was injured in the line of duty. If I/you don't have enough of an "excuse" to why we can't handle the job they say they've created...


I'm so blackened in my soul by all this political garbage and I can't wait until I can carry on with my life without having this threat hanging over my head... Hanging over my family's head - I mean I'll lose everything... everything... Most of what I have now is what I earned in the 20+ years in surgery, I did as a job. I'm hopeful that I can get things done with my primary care physician and they'll back off! But how long will it be before they start again? I know that's a redundant and rhetorical question but the power they have to break a man, afamily is enormous!  I legally have to find a way to keep them off my back. Here is the real question... How can I get them to understand! The Judge at Workers Comp said I have a "marked permanent partial disability" - you'd think the Sheriff would read that but no... Instead he reads the biased report the "insurance company paid" IME doctor writes (based on the "insurance company paid" private investigator's report... I don't understand how they don't take the word of my Primary Doctor... My Doctor is the one person who I've seen once a month (some times more) since I was injured in 04'. I hear of other Officer's getting settlements and then I hear of others getting nothing... You can't really put a price on a spine though, this will never get better. I've seen some actually hurt and in need and I've seen some who could possibly work! (but that's just an outside observation - I have learned not to judge others - unless they tell me!). It's so easy to make an assumption... I dislike all the people who "worked the system" , you know - the "bad apples". So, in response the insurance companies hiring people to spy on you, they create positions for people to discredit Officer's even within the department while an Officer does his/her job! The difference is Officer's make the news and civilian's aren't as "news worthy".

Honestly, we're public employees, servant's and we're held to a higher standard and level of scrutiny (I do NOT want to be NEWS!) and when the "Paid Insurance lawyers" say in court "You're a fraud" or even nod or smirk to insinuate that my pain isn't real, I really wish they felt my pain... Even though, I know they can't - I hope they stop because this is my life and my corner keeps getting smaller and smaller... You know it's sad when the highlight of your day is a new pillow for the couch so you can lay a bit more comfortably or some new slippers - and I can't tell you how many sets of sheets I have!

It's sad, they don't let me even have time to deal with this injury on my own terms... I'm just a number and a warm body to fill a position that means everything to the public but nothing to the people put in charge. All they see is money!

God help us and God help them understand - Even if they don't believe in a God -This can't be the test We've been put on this earth for... I know the Lord has great things for us to do and experience! We have an
entire life to accomplish
& a family to share it with!


I'd be so disappointed if my life ended to this corruption and disgusting misuse of power! I knew I won nothing! I think it would make me feel like I didn't do my part and I should of stood up to them as I do for my family.

PTSD.
I STILL CLOSE ALL THE CURTAINS -
I DON'T TRUST THEM AT ALL!

Some of things I didn't "win" were: the "portable scooter" and the "Sleep number adjustable bed". I did learn though that if you have been "denied" by Workers Compensation and you still carry regular insurance -- your regular insurance will pay for the scooter but here's the weird part... The insurance company won't pay for a way to carry the scooter... I'm talking to another "Spinal cord injury patient" and there is a way to get everything taken care of... I'll post all the details once I get into it deeper. Okay I looked into it farther and here's the update: The regular Insurance company is going to deny you so if you can ~ get it and worry about it afterwards... Even if you have to put it on credit - go ahead because you're letting life go by just because the system failed you, forget for a minute that you don't feel up to much because your sleep is so disturbed (sound familiar?) you need to experience life and to do that you need to do something other than complain - you have to talk to your spouse and make a decision.

What's going on NOW?


My immediate family is still busy - too busy; I really don't think they understand like they should. On the other hand my wife's family has their own burden's but they still try to help as they can. I understand but boy it's hard when I was the one who was there for them... Winter is coming (again) and it doesn't look like it's going to easy...

I won - but - I lost at the same time...
As I mentioned I won my W/C case with an award of Permanent Partial Disability ~ I'm looking at all of my options where I can get help and I'm persuing my life as usual. I'm not done living! And I'm ready to move on with the rest of my life... Having a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) has so many organizations! I have a pamphlet that has a list of links and contacts that may be useful to other people here who have the abiliy to find my site... If you need help don't waste your time ~ get as good as you can get!

Your honesty and integrity ALWAYS counts!

No comments: