Saturday

This is what the Permanently Disabled go through...

Many times it's essential to get an opinion from a social worker, psychologist or a psychologist that is held in high regard, you have to protect yourself. It's not a stigma that you put on yourself, you didn't ask to be in this condition, for seeking out the help and in fact it proves you're not okay with living this new lifestyle. It shows your doctors and the other medical professionals that you're serious and the trauma of people not seeing your pain is hard for you. It explains to the people that matter legally and personally to you. Not only does it prove your intent but it also helps you deal with this new life sytle; you weren't trained for. You didn't ask for this and you have to remember that when you're being attacked, it's harder than you think!

You have to face the facts that the Insurance companies use the same tactics the best law enforment departments do. (It's BIG MONEY). The obvious is certain ~ video tape, surveilence, look and ask neighbors and try to protect their policy holders from fraudulent people who want to trick the system. If you're not injured I'd strongly advise you not to cross that line of fraud. People will force you out; you and only will it ruin your career but Worst of all you would and will have tainted your very essence and effect the opinions of people around you. I understand that it doesn't make people any better for judging you but, rest assured, they will and if you are hurt; the simple looks from people who don't see your pain will bother you. Once again another reason to talk to a medical professional (NO-ONE who's never experienced it would have a clue ~ A TON of speculation, Speculation and; lying - you have to learn your own way to deal). It will help you understand how people think. They see you walking, smiling, interacting with others and enjoying life while deep inside or just under the surface you're barely hanging on, hoping to go home and get off your feet, lay down and rest up to face another day.

I have to admit my familyand Brother's used to invite me quite often to play cards or to a party; enjoy events, interact with them but sadly ~ I have to decline because I just hurt!
I can't justify or feel good about using time I could of spent on cleaning up the garage or yard (Trying my best) is even considered or respected. I'm doing the right thing and doing my absolute and I'm puzzled they don't stop by and pitch in. I know they have friends that have troubles so with that in mind I can't fathom why they act like I'm not allowed to have the injury I do. Maybe someday it will come across and they will see everything is more real than they thought.

Its October 1st, 2008 and even though I'm still in the same (if not worse) pain I have positive things in my life too. I like to post the right's of the injured Officer's and; families of the Officer's lost in the line of duty.

OMG its- August of 2009 now! Above I wrote in 2008, However it still APPLIES!
To spend good time aive is a blessing, even though I'm in this condition, I love being here for my children and my wife. When every thing is under a microscope and the world is still I can still inhale and make a cognitive decision regarding life. I'm blessed but its hard because the pain is non-stop, relentless and it keeps me awake and on medication that takes the upper edge off - that's it ~ Sound familiar? (YES! 2009) WBoldhat they initially called a pulled muscle (2004) turned out to be a "Burst fracture" of my spine and has pierced my spinal cords, nerves and severed some spinal nerves (honestly I think I still have pieces of bone still in ther causing more pain/damage. But I don't give up! You shouldn't give up either. keep your focus and remember that you're responsible for one thing and one thing only and that is your family! That means you have to be wise and cautious, tolerant and above all careful - you're one step away from being paralyzed. Now I've thought about this and I have to say 86% of the time I really wish I didn''t feel the pain but then I think that I really don't want anyone wiping my buttocks. I think you understand...

Just remember to always keep your guard up and do the best you can as you can - you're only human and if you're anything like me you'd rather be working and playing outside doing the "Man Things" I so enjoyed!

If you can really think of the pro's and con's of your situation and try not to put your pain first, try... think of your family and re-think your obligations and your responsibilities ~ they're the only thing that matter! (Thanks - That helps this issue! Now I'm really screwed up! 2009!)

More to say but I haven't Slept For 28+ hours... it's 4am Damnit! Good Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can your administration let this report just go by? If this doesn't burst their bubble nothing will! That Insurance company should be fined and those Investigators & Doctor's who work for that Insurance company should go straight to hell! Talk about abuse of the system!